Highlights of a fantastic day out with riders joining locally and virtually to help us reach our targets.
Thank you to all our riders and donors who joined us on Saturday 6th November 2021 for our 100 4 100 Challenge Ride in aid of the Big Change Charity.
It has been a challenging year for many but the support and willingness from so many far and wide has been incredible to see as everyone come together for this great cause.
We started with a crazy idea to see if we could get the Njinga community involved in a last-minute fundraising event for this incredible charity and as usual, they did not disappoint. The challenge: To get 100 riders to each ride 100km and raise £100 for charity.
We were blessed with great weather on the morning in Surrey and had a fantastic day out with riders joining locally but also virtually to help us reach our targets.
Some Key highlights from the day included:
- RIDERS = 68 riders from all over the UK and also riders joining us from aboard in South Africa, India, New Zealand and Canada.
- DISTANCE COVERED = Over 7500km in total as many riders cycled with us in person from The Njinga Cycling Lab to Henley and back. We also had several riders cycle the full 100km indoors on Zwift or their indoor bikes which is one tough challenge. Massive well done to Ali H, Stewart T, Jerry C and Rosey in Canada.
- CYCLING CLUBS INVOLVED = It was fantastic to see many local cycling clubs come together for this great cause. We has members from The Njinga Collective, Bella Velo, Ditton Velo, Waldy Wheelers, London Dynamo and Verulam CC.
- LOCAL SUPPORT = A big thank you also goes to The Albany and The Bell pubs for getting involved with the feed station location and post-ride celebrations.
- FUNDRAISING = There has been over £7,667.76 (with gift aid this is already over £9342.24) raised so far and the amount is still counting.
- TOP 3 DONORS (to date) = A massive thank you to Clare who donated £500, Stuart M who will have raised £400 and also Felix who has been a big contributor and is well over £250.
The donation page is still open until the end of this week so if you have any spare change you wish to contribute and help us get a little closer to our £10,000 target, that would be super appreciated.
Every penny donated goes to so many worthwhile causes. The Big Change is an amazing charity because they have a set of key donors that cover all their operating expenses each year to ensure that every penny raised by people like you, goes directly to incredible causes for young people.
Thank you to everyone again who got involved. Our Njinga Community rocks!