I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions below. I confirm that I am voluntarily engaging in an acceptable level of exercise, and my participation involves a risk of injury.
Terms and Conditions
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the activities of the Event (defined below), I hereby acknowledge, declare and agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Njinga Cycling's Santa Cycle (the “Event”) is a charity event to raise funds for Shooting Star Children’s Hospices. The Event will require a bicycle (the “Equipment”) and will take place on the 3rd December 2022.
1. I understand and agree that I participate in the Event entirely at my own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever shall attach to Njinga Cycling Limited, any sponsors or suppliers, ride captains, or any person involved in the organisation of the Event for any injury, accidents, loss or damage suffered by me in, or by reason of the Event, however such may be caused. I am healthy and fit enough to take part in this Event.
2. Associated Risk: I am aware of the physically strenuous nature of this Event, the risks both medically and physically. I confirm I am healthy and fit (physically and medically) enough to take part in this Event. I also accept that should any medical or physical condition arise prior to this Event which is likely to affect my ability to take part will be reason to withdraw in accordance with these conditions. If you have not exercised before or for some time, you should consult your doctor before joining the Event. I understand that this Event involve strenuous physical activity associated with bicycling long distances. I understand that physical activity, by its very nature, carries with it certain inherent risks. I assume all risks associated with participating in this Event relating to the risk of strenuous physical activity, collisions with other riders, or falling off my bicycle. I acknowledge that I may incur minor injuries, major injuries, and catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death. I assume all risks from contact with other participants and volunteers, negligent or want on acts of other participants and volunteers, any defects of conditions of road surfaces (including uneven or wet road surfaces or gravel on the road surface), failure of cyclists, vehicles, and non-participants to observe traffic signals or laws, and the effects of weather including high heat, thunderstorms, lightning, precipitation, cold temperatures, high winds, and/or humidity.
3. Ride Safety: As a continuing condition of taking part, I will ensure that, on the day of the Event:
i) A safety approved cycle helmet is worn at all times when cycling. It is recommended that all participants wear helmets complying with ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards. Any rider not wearing a helmet will not be allowed to participate.
ii) My bicycle is roadworthy and has been serviced recently by a qualified bicycle mechanic.
iii) I have a minimum of 1 bottle cage on my bicycle and 1 water bottle;
iv) I have a saddle bag with spare inner tubes, 2 tyre levers and small pump or gas canisters with inflator;
v) I have a fully functioning front clear bicycle light and red rear bicycle light;
vi) I comply with the Highway Code at all times;
vii) I ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. (Please be aware of your fellow cyclists and any other traffic);
viii) I indicate my intention to stop or change direction;
ix) I obey traffic officers at all times;
xi) I am capable of carrying out basic bike maintenance, such as puncture repairs;
xii) Any equipment that acts as an impediment to hearing or concentration is prohibited while riding on the bike. This includes, but is not limited to, mobile telephones, personal stereos and MP3 players;
4. Insurance: I agree to purchase FULL Cycling insurance which includes third party insurance, cover for any accidents or medical requirements that may arise and cover for your bicycle and belongings as Njinga Cycling Limited cannot be held responsible for any accidents or loss of personal belongings.
5. Media and Photography: I understand and accept that representatives from Njinga Cycling Limited may take photographs and video footage during the Event for use to publicise and promote Njinga Cycling Limited. You agree to waiver all your rights across all media rights (known or unknown) worldwide.
6. Removal of Participants: Njinga Cycling Limited reserves the right at any time to remove participants from the Event or to prevent participants taking part on the Event if in Njinga Cycling Limited’s sole discretion, it considers such action necessary for safety reasons or the proper enjoyment of the Event by other participants or for any other reasonable reason.
7. Personal Belongings: I acknowledge that I am personally responsible for my own belongings during the Event and Njinga Cycling Limited cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage of said items.
8. Programme Alterations: I am aware Njinga Cycling Limited reserve the right to change the Event, or cancel/postpone the Event due to weather (including, but not limited to, heat, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, storms, lightning and floods), accidents, acts of war or terrorism, military conflicts or riots, or for any reason that would affect the safety and security of Event participants and/or spectators or the feasibility of the Event to be held.
9. Data protection: I agree for the purposes of this condition, personal information includes medical data collected for health and safety purposes ("Personal Information").
i) I agree that my personal information can be stored and used by Njinga Cycling Limited in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the Event.
ii) Medical information will only be used to allow medical assistance to be given during the Event.
iii) I agree that my name and contact details can be used by Njinga Cycling Limited for the purposes of keeping me informed about any information relating to the Event.
iv) Njinga Cycling Limited shall take all necessary steps to ensure that personal information or marketing information pertaining or relating to me which comes into the possession or control of Njinga Cycling Limited shall not be used or reproduced in whole or in part in any form except for the purposes outlined in these Conditions.
10. Waiver of Liability/ Responsibility: Whilst Njinga Cycling Limited takes every care with staging the Event, I acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is my sole responsibility. Njinga Cycling Limited shall not be liable for any loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to myself, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever arising out of me taking part in the Event; or for any loss of business; revenue or profit; loss of reputation; anticipated savings or wasted expenditure; pledges made on my behalf or by me to charity. In consideration for being permitted to participate in the Event, I voluntarily agree for myself, my family, heirs, assigns, executors, and administrators to the following: TO ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of participating in the Event. TO RELEASE, WAIVE, HOLD HARMLESS, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Releasees from any and all liability, claims, actions, demands, expenses, attorney fees, breach of contract actions, breach of statutory duty or other duty of care, warranty, strict liability actions, and causes of action whatsoever, that I might have or may acquire in the future, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, while participating in the Event including, but not limited to, any claim that the act or omission complained of was in whole or in part by the negligence or carelessness of the Releasees.
11. Nothing in this agreement shall affect Njinga Cycling Limited’s liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.