Looking to do your first sportive, charity ride or increase your endurance and enjoyment on your bike? New to road cycling and need help descending, using cleats or hill climbing? Or simply intimidated by the big cycle clubs and looking for a more intimate environment in which to learn? Working with small groups and individual riders we have created a system ensuring you develop the cycling proficiencies required to help you last longer and spin further than you ever thought possible.
Whether just starting out or at an intermediate level of endurance riding, here at Njinga Cycling we teach you everything you need to know to become a more efficient and confident rider.
Sign up to our expert cycling technique and performance development programmes, guaranteed to increase your cycling ability, enjoyment and confidence on a bike.
All cycle training takes place in London and Surrey
I certainly learned something about gearing, cycling up and down hills, signalling and communicating within a group and group riding. I still have a lot to learn but feel completely confident that Togo and Leigh can help me improve my technique and fitness and have a lot of fun along the way Niamh McDonnell
I had a great time on the workshop despite the terrible weather. We covered all the basics in a short 1-day session and I now have the confidence to get a roadbike and join the Njinga group. Michael Seymour
We create a team environment that's encouraging and supportive for people new to road cycling and stear away from the sometimes intimidating cycle club mentality.
We organise team cycle challenges to help you maintain focus and build your endurance riding.
Because it's not all about the bike- we regularly host team socials, workshops and fun activities to bond with your fellow riders.
1. Master the necessary skills and techniques to become a more confident and efficient rider
2. Learn that cleats are your friend, how to clip in, clip out and stay upright
3. Understand the ABCs of efficient gear usage in order to climb hills effortlessly
4. Fine tune your technique on descending, making you faster and more confident
5. Maximise your energy output by learning to draft and ride in a peloton fearlessly
6. Become a pro at puncture repair and changing tyres with ease
7. Optimise your cycle position to maximise output and reduce injury and muscle fatigue
8. Improve your stamina, strength and overall fitness, making you a faster rider
9. Understand how to train with a heart rate monitor, interpret data & ride within your zones
10. learn how to best fuel your body before, during & after rides to avoid 'bonking' or dehydration
Bike Prep: Before each ride we will do a thorough bike safety check
Ride Support: we will be there to help you repair any punctures, put the chain back on, etc.
Ride Captain: each ride will have an experienced ride leader who is also qualified in first aid
Nutrition: holistic nutrition coaches on hand to provide tips to improve cycle performance
Cycle Rides: distances ranging from 10-65 miles per ride depending on level
Cycle Coaching: Tips & hands on advice to improve your cycling technique
Indoor Cycling Classes